Your Trees Deserve the Best Care
Ever looked at a tree in your yard and wondered if it’s time for a tree removal? Or perhaps you’ve noticed a tree that seems a little too close to your house for comfort?
Or are you wondering what the difference is between tree removal and tree cutting?
In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the process of hiring the best tree removal services in Middlesex County, MA.
By the end, you’ll know exactly what to look for in a tree services company, ensuring your trees—and your property—are in the best hands.
Tips for Hiring the Best Tree Removal Service In Middlesex County
1. Check for Insurance, Licensing, and Other Credentials
When hiring a tree removal service, it’s crucial to ensure they have the necessary insurance and licensing.
A fully licensed and insured tree services company protects you from liability in case of accidents or damage during the tree removal process.
Also, consider whether the company has certified arborists on staff. These professionals have extensive training in tree biology and maintenance, ensuring your trees get the best care.
For example, Arbor Works owner Eric Swennes is a Massachusetts Certified Arborist (MCA), ensuring top-notch tree care.
2. Ask for References and Check Customer Reviews
Don’t just take the company’s word for it—ask for references and check online reviews.
Hearing from other customers who have hired a tree service can give you a good idea of the company’s reliability and quality of service.
Be wary of companies that can’t provide references or have a significant number of negative reviews.
3. Ask About Employee Qualifications and Training
The qualifications and training of the employees who will be working on your trees are crucial.
Ask about their backgrounds, and ensure the company has certified arborists on staff.
A tree services company that values employee training is likely to provide excellent service.
Arbor Works, for instance, ensures that a dedicated ISA (International Society of Arboriculture) or MCA-certified arborist creates a plan tailored to your needs, ensuring the best course of action for your trees.
4. Consider Their Equipment
Different tree services require different equipment.
From stump grinding to tree pruning, the company you hire should have the necessary tools to get the job done efficiently and safely.
Ask a tree services company about the equipment they plan to use, especially for larger tree removal jobs.
Arbor Works, for example, uses a range of high-tech machinery and simple tools. Arbor Works fleet technology inclides a bucket truck, wood chipper, flatbed utility truck, log debris truck, and a knuckleboom outfitted with a grapplesaw, ensuring efficient and safe tree removals.
5. Ask About Their Tree Removal Schedule and Time Estimates
You want a tree removal service that can work within your timelines.
Ask prospective companies about their schedules and how long they estimate your job will take.
Check if they offer 24/7 emergency tree services—this can be a lifesaver if a storm damages a tree near your house.
6. Consider Costs and Get a Detailed Estimate
Tree removal services can vary in cost based on the complexity of the job and the company’s labor costs.
Get detailed estimates about the cost of tree removal in Massachusetts from potential companies to avoid unexpected costs later.
Remember, the cheapest option isn’t always the best—consider the value offered in relation to the scope of work, qualifications, and professionalism.
7. Compare Services and Ask About Specific Issues
It’s always a good idea to compare several companies when hiring a tree removal service.
Look at their costs, services offered, equipment, and time estimates.
Also, ask about the specific issues you’re facing with your trees.
A good tree service company will be able to address your concerns and provide appropriate solutions.
8. Ask About Company’s History and Industry Affiliations
A company’s history can give you insight into its track record with clients.
Look for a company with a solid reputation and experience in the tree services industry.
Membership in such organizations shows a commitment to staying up-to-date with the latest best practices.
Arbor Works, for instance, is led by Eric Swennes, who has a solid background in Arboriculture Community Forestry and Natural Resources Conservation.
9. Inquire About the Use of Subcontractors or Temporary Laborers
Some companies use subcontractors or temporary laborers to handle certain jobs.
While this isn’t necessarily a bad thing, it’s important to know who will be working on your property.
Ask the tree removal company about their policy on this and how they ensure quality standards are met.
10. Ask About On-the-Job Safety Measures
Tree removal and pruning can be dangerous work.
Therefore, it’s essential that the company you hire follows strict safety measures.
They should provide their employees with protective gear and equipment to keep them safe on the job site.
Arbor Works, for instance, places communication and safety at the heart of every tree removal job, ensuring everyone stays safe.
11. Ask About the Cleanup Process
After the tree removal or pruning job, there will likely be debris left behind.
Ask the company about its cleanup process. Ideally, your yard should be left as clean (if not cleaner) as it was before the work.
Some companies may even offer to mulch limbs or cut and stack wood for you, usually for an additional fee.
Arbor Works ensures that their skilled team efficiently completes your project and cleans up after themselves.
Additional Tips for Tree Care
When it comes to tree care, it’s not just about removals.
- Regular tree trimming and pruning are essential for maintaining healthy trees. Tree pruning benefits include better tree health, improved safety, and more. Whether you have smaller trees that need a quick trim or larger trees that require more extensive pruning, Arbor Works can handle it all.
- If you notice a hazardous tree on your property, don’t try to remove it yourself. Tree removal can be dangerous work, especially when dealing with dead or dying trees or trees near power lines. Instead, call in the professionals. Arbor Works has the experience and equipment to remove hazardous trees safely.
- Tree stump removal is another important aspect of tree care. A leftover tree stump can be unsightly and can pose a tripping hazard. Arbor Works offers stump grinding services to remove old tree stumps and leave your yard looking clean and tidy.
- Finally, don’t forget about the importance of regular tree health checks. A certified arborist can assess the health of your trees and provide recommendations for care. At Arbor Works, we’re committed to maintaining the health and beauty of your trees.
The Arbor Works Difference
Choosing the right tree removal services can make all the difference in maintaining the health and beauty of your trees.
By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to finding the best tree removal service in Middlesex County, MA.
Remember, your trees deserve the best care. And that’s exactly what you’ll get with Arbor Works.
Our team of experienced professionals is ready to handle all your tree removal needs.
So why wait?
Fill out our contact form today, or give us a call. Let’s give your trees the care they deserve.